In the mean time I could feel day 5 approaching fast. Colleen and I were feeling both ends of the emotional spectrum. We were very excited at the prospect of having Max home and starting a normal life with our son, but then we could not help but be nervous about leaving with no cords, monitors, nurses or doctors.
After Max made it through his Day 5 morning we knew we were going home and needed to start making all of the preparations. Which included figuring out how the stroller and car seat base were supposed to work. It took a little longer than I thought, but we were locked and loaded by release time. Now it was time to get the final discharge information from the nurses and unhook Max from all the monitors. Then Colleen needed to outfit Max in his going home clothes.
After all that we pulled Max from his hospital crib and put him in his car seat and stroller. Then we pushed his stroller out of his room and said bye to all of his nurses. We stopped by the front desk and signed out for the very last time. And then we were home bound!
I'll try and post some pictures of Max arriving home soon...
OH my gooddness! These last pictures on here have been so precious! It's amazing the transformation little Max has gone through. I know you guys are glad to have him home so you can finally start to adjust to daily life in kore familiar surroundings. Although I guess the nicu became quite familiar as well. Glad to hear the great news! I look forward to reading more about max's daily accomplishments and milestones!
ReplyDelete