Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Max goes to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital

Max arrived at the Vanderbilt Children's Hospital just a couple of hours after being delivered from Madisonville, KY. I stayed with Colleen at RMC in Madisonville until she was discharged late Saturday evening. She was very focused and determined to be with her newborn son after recovering from surgery only 18 hours earlier. It can be very difficult to deny a new mother anything when it comes to her son. The doctors gave her the green light to be discharged, with a list of restrictions, and we were on our way to Nashville immediately. But I will admit I am very surprised to see how good she looked and carried herself after this whole event. Colleen and myself have entered into a new realm of life. We both will continue to adapt and learn all the new tasks and responsibilities that are now required from us. However, for me right now it seems my role is to be the chief supporter, motivator and remember-er of information when Colleen is resting. All of which are important aspects of a successful journey to get Max home for Colleen's birthday in late April.

VCH was kind enough to reserve a room right down the hall from Max for Colleen and I Saturday night to actually get some much needed R&R. I can't say they were the most comfortable beds in the world, but when you haven't had real real sleep in over 40 hours anything would have sufficed.

When we came in to visit Max before the doctors came into to do their rounds, we noticed Max had left us a little Valentine's Day note. Sorry Colleen, but I think this was the best Valentine's Day gift ever!



Colleen and I are very thankful to have such a supportive group of family and friends. Thank you to everyone for your help and support. I know Max has thrown a wrinkle into what "we thought" would happen, but the quick response from our family and friends is something you can never take for granted. I know the new grandparents, uncles, aunts, etc. are very excited and look forward to watching our little guy grow.

















John and Colleen saying hi to Max













Colleen being silly

4 comments:

  1. I'm following your blog daily. I love seeing the pictures of your little guy. My thoughts are with him for a quick and healthy development.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Max sure does sound like a little fighter! I know God's hand is on Him. I am soo glad you have made a blog so that every day we can follow his progress in getting stronger. Take care of you! If you need anything at all let us know:) Melissa Campbell

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, we are so grateful that you take the time and care to share the news of Max at this busy time. We appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. John & Colleen, We are so excited to hear that baby Maxwell is growing so fast!! Our thoughts and prayers are with you every day. Hope to see you all soon. Give him a big kiss from an excited member of his prayer team!!
    Love, Anita & Randy

    ReplyDelete

Followers