One of the main issues with premature babies of Max's age is the "gut" working properly. Basically what I mean by gut is the process of feed and other fluids getting transferred through the digestive system. His "No. 1" process has been working just fine, as noted in a previous entry (Colleen getting her hands a little wet while changing his micro-diaper), but the "No. 2" action was yet to come. That was until recently. Colleen and I had been sort of rotating who gets to change the diaper. And so it was my turn to do the diaper change. When I opened him up expecting to just do the routine pee diaper change, I was a little panicked when I saw this tar like substance (which is normal--called meconium) in his diapers. I would not recommend a google search on meconium, unless you are prepared for it. So I immediately bailed and called for backup--Colleen. She swooped in there and cleaned him up and had changed his diaper right away. Glad she has the motherly instinct, because before Max was born she would have gotten a little queasy at the sight of something this grotesque.
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Our Daily Milestones
One of the main issues with premature babies of Max's age is the "gut" working properly. Basically what I mean by gut is the process of feed and other fluids getting transferred through the digestive system. His "No. 1" process has been working just fine, as noted in a previous entry (Colleen getting her hands a little wet while changing his micro-diaper), but the "No. 2" action was yet to come. That was until recently. Colleen and I had been sort of rotating who gets to change the diaper. And so it was my turn to do the diaper change. When I opened him up expecting to just do the routine pee diaper change, I was a little panicked when I saw this tar like substance (which is normal--called meconium) in his diapers. I would not recommend a google search on meconium, unless you are prepared for it. So I immediately bailed and called for backup--Colleen. She swooped in there and cleaned him up and had changed his diaper right away. Glad she has the motherly instinct, because before Max was born she would have gotten a little queasy at the sight of something this grotesque.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
These special moments that the three of you are experiencing, although not sought after so early, will be treasured for years to come. The Lord is watching over and protecting all three of you, especially little Max.
ReplyDelete