Okay, now the fun story. Max went to the zoo for the first time! It was a wonderful, overcast Sunday morning in Nashville. We had driven down Saturday, making the unfortunate mistake of forgetting the stroller. Hmmm, how to get around the zoo without a stroller or the baby carrier...? Mommy to the rescue! I remembered an email advertising a baby gear rental company for families traveling with a young 'un. I called Babies Away in Nashville and paid a whopping $6.55 for a weekend with a rented stroller. I scrubbed that sucker with Clorox, soap, water and then ended up putting a pillow case over the seat. NICU momma= germaphobe.
Max had a great time at the zoo. I considered the trip a success if (a) he didn't scream and cry the majority of the time (b) he looked at 1 or 2 animals with interest. Two for two! John joked that we were really going to the zoo for my benefit. But Max really did look at the animals. He just happened to be more interested in the people! Here are a few snapshots of our outing!
Max and I greet a meerkat
Mugging in front of some monkeys
Daddy gives Max a better view of the ring-tailed lemurs
This is such a treat........ always puts a smile on my face and makes me happy to see how well everyone is.
ReplyDeleteThat little guy is so cute!