Max enjoyed spending time with his grandparents. They watched him one night so John and I could go on our first date since having Max home (Jack Johnson concert). While I knew I would miss my little boy, I had been more preoccupied with helping Max relearn how to take a bottle. Of course that's how he received the majority of his meals in the hospital, but once home Max decided nursing was his preference. Such mixed emotions for me! I had been concerned at the hospital he may never learn to nurse and then in July I was concerned he'd never learn (again) to take a bottle! After trying 3 types of bottles, given by anyone other than mom, Max was able to take a decent meal from a Born Free bottle. Whew!
Playing with Grandpa and ElmoMaxwell also enjoyed quality time with family members he doesn't get to see often: his Great Grandma Rosie and his Aunt Allyson. Aunt Allyson is pregnant with Max's cousin Charlotte. We are anxious to meet her in late September/ early October. Max told her how hard it is to arrive early so she plans on staying put for awhile!

Aunt Allyson, Cousin Charlotte, Max, and Momma
Four generationsThat same weekend, Maxwell was baptized. Pastor Doug, of Bethel Lutheran Church, married John and I in 2007. Though we cannot go to church there weekly, it still feels like home to me. Pastor Doug had also baptized my father and myself. I was also confirmed in that church and I know the congregation prayed for Max upon his early arrival into this world. It was a lovely service and Max behaved like a gentleman. We were so blessed to have lots of family present. Uncle Cole, Max's godfather, even drove all the way from Nashville to be there! A yummy brunch at my parents' house followed.


Okay, I know, those group pictures just don't do justice to that cute baby boy. Here's one more to tide you over until I post Max's 6 month update!
So happy to see the pictures, and read about Max's progress. Always brings smiles to my face :) Keep the notes and pictures coming. Can't wait to meet the little doll boy soon!
ReplyDelete