Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Momma cheers Max on: Grow, Max, grow!

After nearly 3 weeks in the NICU, I still have a few “pinch me” moments. For instance, it’s sometimes hard to believe that I’m no longer pregnant and now a mother of a preemie. Just three weeks ago my to do list was packed with things to do for my first grade class and my Master’s class. I had some baby preparation things to do and a prenatal massage scheduled. I had a Valentine’s Day date planned with my husband. It’s amazing how so much can change in the blink of an eye. Now my to do list consists of going to the hospital, changing diapers, feeding Max, asking questions, and holding my sweet baby for the allotted one hour a day. The word flexibility has new meaning as every day is the same, but so very different.

One of the differences in our NICU life was changing rooms. We are now in our 4th room, but hopefully it will stick. The first room change was not up to us, but the following ones were requested as we attempted to get a private room with a “view.” Max can now enjoy natural light from his very own window and feast his eyes on Roly Poly. We have promised him a meal there when he grows teeth.

Max moving into his new room with a "view"

Bye,bye old room!

Hello new room and check out that view!


Speaking of growing, we have a chunker on our hands! (I called Max a chunker to a nurse and received a “you’re crazy” look.) Maxwell has officially hit the 3 pound mark! Last night he weighed in at 1390 grams which is equivalent to 3 pounds, 1 ounce. Way to grow, Max! Any takers on when he hits 4 pounds?

A big thanks again to all Max’s supporters! We tell him everyday how many people love him. I also want to say thank you to my husband for starting this blog to keep you all up to date. Needless to say, I wasn’t in much position to communicate for a few days after Max’s arrival (you’ve seen the “cloud 9” picture). But now we are loving technology with all the ways to give and receive news. Keep up the prayers as Max continues to grow and develop!

1 comment:

  1. That boy must have the wanderlust! Where should we look for him when we visit tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete

Followers